15A NCAC 05H .1203 DRILLING UNIT PUBLIC NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
(a) The applicant or permittee shall circulate public notice of each drilling unit at least 30 calendar days prior to the meeting date set by the Commission in accordance with Rule .1202(b) of this Section. The notice shall be circulated by:
(1) publishing the notice one time in newspaper(s) having general circulation in the county or counties where the drilling unit, either proposed or existing, is located;
(2) providing actual notice to all surface owners and mineral rights owners within the land area of the proposed or existing drilling unit;
(3) providing actual notice to all local governments in the county or counties where the drilling unit, either proposed or existing, is located; and
(4) providing actual notice to any state, federal, or tribal agencies owning land within the area of the proposed or existing drilling unit.
(b) The notice shall include the following:
(1) the name, address, and telephone number, fax number, and email address of applicant or permittee;
(2) a description of the intent of the application;
(3) the date the Commission is scheduled to review the application; and
(4) the location and time of the Commission meeting.
(c) The applicant or permittee shall submit a newspaper certified copy of the public notice published in each newspaper, as certified by the newspaper, to the Department at least 15 calendar days prior to the next regularly scheduled Commission meeting for which the applicant proposes the application to be docketed.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-392;
Eff. March 17, 2015.