15A NCAC 05H .1308 PERMIT CONDITIONS
A Form 2 – Oil or Gas Well Permit Application may be approved with conditions based on the individual well site. These conditions may require the permittee to:
(1) create or construct additional erosion control measures to be installed during oil and gas well operations;
(2) create or construct a natural buffer to be left between any stream and the disturbed land;
(3) create or construct visual screening, such as existing natural vegetation, vegetated earthen berms, tree plantings at staggered spacing, to be installed and maintained between any disturbed land and any adjoining property containing occupied buildings or public access within view of the disturbed land;
(4) create or construct erosion control measures to be implemented during the construction and operation of all roads to minimize off-site damage from sediment; or
(5) comply with other conditions as determined by the Department based on the well site geography, geology, and the recommendations of other Divisions in order to safeguard public health, welfare, and the environment.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-391(a)(5); 113-391(a6);
Eff. March 17, 2015.