15A NCAC 05H .1604 Prohibited sUBSTANCES
(a) The Commission incorporates by reference, including subsequent amendments and editions, the "Permitting Guidance for Oil and Gas Hydraulic Fracturing Activities Using Diesel Fuels – Draft: Underground Injection Control Program Guidance #84," published by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Copies of this document may be obtained online for no charge at:
(b) Any substance identified by one or more of the following Chemical Abstract Service Registry Numbers listed in the United States Environmental Protection Agency's "Permitting Guidance for Oil and Gas Hydraulic Fracturing Activities Using Diesel Fuels" shall not be used in the subsurface:
(1) 68334-30-5, Primary Name: Fuels, diesel;
(2) 68476-34-6, Primary Name: Fuels, diesel, Number 2;
(3) 68476-30-2, Primary Name: Fuel oil Number 2;
(4) 68476-31-3, Primary Name: Fuel oil, Number 4; and
(5) 8008-20-6, Primary Name: Kerosene.
(c) Drilling fluids and hydraulic fracturing fluids shall not be formulated to include benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, or xylene.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-391(a)(5)g;
Eff. March 17, 2015.