section .1900 – water acquisition and management
(a) An applicant or permittee shall submit a Water Management Plan for proposed oil or gas well(s) to be located at the well pad. This plan shall be submitted to the Department for review and approval in accordance with Rule .1304 of this Subchapter and with the rules of this Section prior to the commencement of activities covered under the Form 2 – Oil or Gas Well Permit Application.
(b) A Form 4 – Water Management Plan shall include:
(1) the applicant's or permittee's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email address;
(2) the county and nearest city or town where the oil or gas well is located;
(3) the property street address, or nearest address to the ingress and egress point leading from a public road to the well pad;
(4) the lease name and the oil or gas well name and number;
(5) identification of the source(s) of water to be used with the additional information required by Rules .1902 through .1905 of this Section;
(6) the name, address, phone number, parcel identification, and written consent from the owner of the real property where any surface water intake, groundwater well, or water transport system components or structures have been, or will be, located, installed, or constructed;
(7) the proposed start date and expected ending date of water withdrawals;
(8) the proposed average and maximum daily withdrawal in millions of gallons per day and the expected total withdrawal in millions of gallons;
(9) a description of all potential sources of water, including flowback and produced water, that were evaluated for this application and the reasons for rejecting those sources as required by Rule .1905 of this Section;
(10) topographic maps and aerial maps showing the latitude and longitude, in decimal degrees, of the following features and locations:
(A) the proposed water source(s) and any existing hydrologic features within the area of influence of the proposed water source, including other streams, springs, and wetlands;
(B) any existing water supply, as defined in G.S. 113-389, within the area of influence;
(C) any areas with known environmental contamination within the area of influence;
(D) any current or proposed utility rights-of-way associated with the project area; and
(E) any current or proposed structure(s) or appurtenance(s) for the transport or storage of water;
(11) a list of alternative water source(s) or practices to be used during times of drought or low flow conditions;
(12) a monitoring plan to record the amount of water used from each source included in this application on a daily basis, including schedules of maintenance to ensure precise measurement and recording of the water usage; and
(13) all other information required by Rule .1906 of this Section.
(c) The Department may request additional information necessary to protect public health, welfare, and the environment when reviewing the Form 4 – Water Management Plan during the application review process in accordance with Rule .1307 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-391(a)(5)e;
Eff. March 17, 2015.