(a) The applicant or permittee shall provide a review of the potential alternative sources of water, including the option of using flowback or produced water, evaluated for the Water Management Plan and indicate the reasons for rejecting those water sources. The applicant or permittee shall include the following in the review:
(1) current uses of each alternative water source evaluated, including a list of current withdrawers other than the applicant or permittee;
(2) the name and classification of each alternative water source evaluated; and
(3) a description of the current or proposed structure or appurtenances for the transport or storage of water from the alternative water source.
(b) For reuse of flowback or produced water, the applicant or permittee shall provide the following information:
(1) the source of the flowback or produced water;
(2) the proposed maximum daily use in millions of gallons per day and the amount expected to be used; and
(3) the estimated amount of additional water needed to provide sufficient quantity for activities covered by the Form 2 – Oil or Gas Well Permit Application.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-391(a)(5)e;
Eff. March 17, 2015.