(a) An E & P Waste Management Plan, approved by the Department in accordance with this Rule, is required prior to the generation of E & P wastes from the drilling, producing, plugging, or any other activity associated with an oil or gas well.
(b) The E & P Waste Management Plan shall identify the management, control, reuse, and disposal methods for E & P wastes.
(c) The E & P Waste Management Plan shall address the storage and handling of wastewater, residuals, solid wastes, and any other non-hazardous and hazardous wastes related to exploration and production activities from the point of initial generation of E & P wastes onsite to final disposal of the E & P waste.
(d) The E & P Waste Management Plan shall include the following form, documentation, and plan design sheets:
(1) a completed Form 5 – Waste Management Plan that includes the following information:
(A) a description of the pit and tank use and locations onsite;
(B) the capacity of pits and tanks onsite;
(C) the pit liner material type, thickness, and manufacturer;
(D) the disposal methods for liquid and solid wastes;
(E) an operation and maintenance plan for all waste management infrastructure;
(F) a description of pit closure and site reclamation methods; and
(G) the anticipated date of construction or installation of all waste management infrastructure;
(2) construction, installation, operation, and maintenance specifications and details for all pits, tanks, secondary containment, and other ancillary equipment, such as piping, pumps, and valve systems. This shall include site design and capacity of all pits and tanks installed or constructed onsite;
(3) an emergency response plan that complies with 40 CFR 112, which is incorporated by reference, including subsequent amendments and editions, which can be accessed at http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title40/40cfr112_main_02.tpl for no charge, and Rule .1305 of this Subchapter;
(4) a statement of whether and how E & P wastes produced onsite will be reused at the permitted oil or gas well or reused at other permitted oil or gas wells;
(5) a statement of whether and how the E & P wastes will be pretreated onsite for reuse or disposal;
(6) a statement of whether the E & P wastes will be disposed of off-site and the identification of the disposal facility;
(7) a pit and tank closure plan that includes final disposal methods for all pit and tank contents within the Reclamation Plan in accordance with the Rule .2004 of this Section and Rule .2102 of this Subchapter; and
(8) the contact information for the local county emergency management officials and the State Emergency Operations Center (1-800-858-0368) for where the well site is located shall be included in the plan.
(e) A copy of the approved E & P Waste Management Plan shall be available to the Department at the well site during drilling and completion activities.
(f) The contact information for the local county emergency management officials and the State Emergency Operations Center (1-800-858-0368) shall be prominently displayed at the well site during exploration, drilling, and completion activities.
(g) The permittee shall submit Form 24 – Annual E & P Waste Management Report to the Department in accordance with Rule .2007(d) of this Section.
History Note: Authority 113-391(a)(5)e; 113-391(a)(5)f; 113-391(a)(5)k; 113-391(b);
Eff. March 17, 2015.