15A NCAC 05H .2102 RECLAMATION PLAN REQUIREMENTS
(a) The applicant or permittee for a permit or permit modification shall submit a Reclamation Plan to the Department for approval. The Reclamation Plan shall be submitted in accordance with Section .1300 of this Subchapter.
(b) The Form 6 – Well Site Reclamation Plan and its contents shall conform to the SPCA, 15A NCAC 04, and 15A NCAC 02H and include information and details on the reclamation of all disturbed land at the well site, including:
(1) the reclamation activities to be conducted onsite;
(2) a plan for subsequent land use and the general methods to be used in reclaiming the disturbed land;
(3) the practices to be taken to protect adjacent surface resources;
(4) the methods to prevent or eliminate adverse impacts to flora and fauna in, or adjacent to, the disturbed land;
(5) the methods to be taken to reclaim the disturbed land associated with pits in accordance with Rule .2004 of this Subchapter;
(6) the measures to be taken stabilize slopes; and
(7) the plan for re-vegetation and reforestation, or other surface treatment of the disturbed land, approved in writing by one of the following prior to submission of the application:
(A) an authorized representative of the local soil and water conservation district having jurisdiction over lands in question;
(B) an authorized representative of the North Carolina Forest Service within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
(C) a county agricultural extension Chair or research and extension personnel headquartered at North Carolina State University in the School of Agricultural and Life Sciences;
(D) a North Carolina licensed Landscape Architect pursuant to G.S. 89A; or
(E) a private consulting forester referred by the North Carolina Forest Service within the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(c) The applicant shall submit financial assurance in accordance with the Section .1400 of this Subchapter prior to commencing activity onsite.
(d) In addition to performing all activities required by the Reclamation Plan, the permittee shall stabilize and reclaim all disturbed lands associated with drilling, completion, and production in accordance with the Well Site Development Plan required by Rule .1304(c)(2) of this Subchapter.
(e) An approved Reclamation Plan may be modified by submitting a permit modification in accordance with Rule .1310 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-391(a)(5)l;
Eff. March 17, 2015.