The following definitions shall apply throughout this Subchapter:
(1) "Active certification" means that all training and certification requirements pursuant to G.S. 90A- 47.3(b) and G.S. 90A-47.4 have been completed.
(2) "Animal waste management plan" means a plan to collect, store, treat, or apply animal waste to the land in an environmentally safe manner developed in accordance with G.S. 143-215.10C.
(3) "Animal waste management system operator" means a person that has been certified by the Commission as a Type A Animal Waste Management System Operator or as a Type B Animal Waste Management System Operator.
(4) "Approved training" means any training required in order to be eligible for an examination or to meet continuing education requirements as established in accordance with 15A NCAC 08F .0400.
(5) "Back-up Operator in Charge" or "Back-up OIC" means a person that holds an active certification to operate an animal waste management system and who has responsibility for the operation of the system as described in G.S 90A-47.1(a)(4) when the OIC is absent from his or her duties.
(6) "Certified operator" means a person who holds an active certification as an animal waste management system operator.
(7) "Commission" means the Water Pollution Control System Operators Certification Commission created by G.S. 143B-300. The Commission address is 1618 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1618 and the website may be found at: https://deq.nc.gov/about/divisions/water-resources/operator-certification.
(8) "Contract animal waste management system operator" means any certified animal waste operator who contracts with the owner or person in control of an animal operation pursuant to G.S. 90A-47.2(b).
(9) "Operator in Charge" or "OIC" means a person who holds an active certification to operate an animal waste management system and who has responsibility for the operation of the system as defined in G.S. 90A-47.1(a)(4).
(10) "Person under the supervision of an Operator in Charge" means a person who takes directions from the OIC and who shall only land apply animal waste when the OIC is available for consultation and advice at any time during the application of animal waste.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-47.6; 143B-300;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 7, 1997;
Eff. August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2018.