15A NCAC 08F .0201 DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF OWNERS
(a) The owner of each animal operation having an animal waste management system shall submit an Animal Waste Management System Operator Designation Form to the Commission that designates an OIC. This form shall be signed by the owner and the certified operator and shall be submitted to the Commission via mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The OIC shall be designated:
(1) before a new animal operation having an animal waste management system is placed in operation; or
(2) within 30 days following a vacancy in the position of OIC.
(b) An owner may voluntarily designate a Back-up OIC to operate the animal waste management system during the absence of the primary OIC.
(c) The Animal Waste Management System Operator Designation Form may be found on the Commission website and shall include:
(1) the owner's name, contact information, and signature;
(2) the system name, location, permit number, type, and classification;
(3) the OIC name, contact information, certification type, and signature; and
(4) if designated, the Back-up OIC's name, contact information, certificate type, and signature.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-47.2; 143B-300;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 7, 1997;
Eff. August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2018.