The Commission shall conduct examinations for certification in accordance with the following:
(1) The dates, times, and places of examination shall be set by the Commission and shall be published on the Commission's webpage.
(2) When each applicant receives his or her examination paper, he or she shall identify themselves by way of a current driver's license or other form of photo identification.
(3) A passing score shall be answering 70 percent of the examination questions correctly.
(4) The Commission shall send written notification to the applicant of his or her score, using the address submitted upon application. If a passing score is made, the notification shall constitute certification by the Commission that the applicant is a qualified operator of the appropriate type of animal waste management systems. After each examination, a Certified Operator Listing shall be prepared and published on the Commission webpage.
(5) Any applicant who fails to make a passing score on an examination shall be allowed to review their exam at a date, time, and location specified by the Commission. Notification of the reviews shall be sent using the address submitted upon application and this shall be the only opportunity the applicant shall be allowed for reviewing the examination. An applicant shall not be allowed to review the examination within 30 days of an upcoming examination date.
(6) All examinees shall receive a report that summarizes their performance on the exam, including the score, subject matter areas from which the questions were drawn, as well as correct and incorrect responses to each question. Specific questions from the exam shall not be included in this report.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-47.3; 143B-300;
Temporary Adoption Eff. January 7, 1997;
Eff. August 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2018.