SUBCHAPTER 08G - AUTHORITY: ORGANIZATION: STRUCTURE: DEFINITIONS
SECTION .0100 - GENERAL PURPOSE AND DEFINITIONS
15A NCAC 08G .0101 PURPOSE
The purpose of these Rules is to:
(1) protect the public health of the citizens of the State; and
(2) conserve, protect, and maintain the quality of the water resources of the State as assigned by the North Carolina Environmental Management Commission; and
(3) protect the public investment in water pollution control systems; and
(4) provide for the classification of water pollution control systems; and
(5) establish the procedures for the examination and certification of operators of water pollution control systems.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-35;
Eff. April 1, 1999;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015.