SECTION .0400 - ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR EXAMINATIONS
15A NCAC 08G .0401 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
(a) An applicant for certification as an operator of a water pollution control system must meet the following criteria and possess the knowledge and abilities listed as they relate to the specific type of system for which certification is being sought and shall, at a minimum, include:
(1) possess a high school diploma or a general educational development (GED) equivalent;
(2) be at least 18 years of age;
(3) have a general knowledge of typical wastewater characteristics and treatment processes; and
(4) have the ability to:
(A) read and understand the statutes and rules which govern water pollution control system operators and the operation of the type of system for which certification is being sought;
(B) perform mathematical calculations required to operate the system for which certification is being sought;
(C) complete and maintain logs and regulatory reporting forms required to document the proper operation of the system; and
(D) safely and effectively operate the equipment employed in the type of system for which certification is being sought; and
(E) describe the general maintenance requirements for such equipment.
(b) An applicant who has failed to achieve a passing score on a specific type and grade of examination after three consecutive attempts must:
(1) attend and successfully complete approved training for the same type and grade as the certification being sought; and
(2) provide verification, in the form of a certificate of completion or other such documentation, of the successful completion of the required training with any subsequent application made to the Commission to sit for the examination.
(c) An applicant for certification must not have had any certification revoked by the Commission within the two - year period prior to the date of the application for certification.
(d) An applicant for certification is not allowed to sit for any examination offered by the Commission during the period of a suspension of any certification held by the applicant with the Commission.
(e) An applicant who holds a valid biological or collection certification of any level on April 1, 1999, may progress to the highest level of certification of the same type without meeting the requirements of Subparagraph (a)(1) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-37;
Eff. April 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015.