15A NCAC 08G .0603 TEMPORARY CERTIFICATE RENEWAL
(a) All applications for renewal of a temporary certificate must:
(1) be submitted by the owner of the system 60 calendar days prior to the expiration date of the original temporary certificate;
(2) be accompanied by the required fee; and
(3) include a letter from the owner that explains:
(A) the need for renewal of the temporary certificate;
(B) the reasons for the failure of the applicant to obtain permanent certification during the original effective period of the temporary certificate;
(C) the efforts that have been made by the owner to employ a properly certified operator during the effective period of the original temporary certificate; and
(D) the actions that will be taken by:
(i) the applicant in order to obtain permanent certification during the effective period of the renewed temporary certificate; and
(ii) the owner if the applicant does not obtain permanent certification during the effective period of the renewed temporary certificate.
(b) The renewal request shall be denied if the applicant has failed:
(1) to seek permanent certification by examination during the original effective period of the temporary certificate; or
(2) to obtain permanent certification after four examination attempts during the original effective period of the temporary certificate.
(c) A temporary certificate may be renewed only once for the same operator.
(d) Applicants who obtain a temporary certificate renewal by providing false information to the Commission shall be subject to disciplinary action(s) as set forth in Section .0800 of this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 90A-40; 90A-42;
Eff. April 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. December 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015.