15A NCAC 10A .1303 eLIGIBILITY
(a) Rewards shall be paid only to individuals who provide information resulting in the arrest and conviction of persons who have committed the offenses specified in Rule .1302(a) of this Section. If more than one individual provides information resulting in the arrest of a person for the same offense, the Commission shall pay reward money in equal amounts to each individual not to exceed the amount specified in Rule .1302(b) of this Section.
(b) Rewards shall be paid after the final disposition of a case resulting in a conviction or a prayer for judgment. For purposes of this Rule, a conviction shall be as defined in G.S. 113-171(a).
(c) The following individuals are not eligible to receive reward money:
(1) any current Wildlife Resources Commission employee or members of his or her immediate family;
(2) any current Wildlife Resources Commissioner;
(3) any sworn law enforcement officer;
(4) the perpetrator of the crime for which the information has been given and any accomplice or accessory to that crime; and
(5) any individual who refuses to provide the Commission with his or her name and contact information.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-134; 113-171; 113-294.1;
Eff. May 1, 2014.