15A NCAC 10B .0124 IMPORTATION OF ANIMAL PARTS
(a) It shall be unlawful to import, transport, or possess a cervid carcass or carcass part(s) originating from outside of North Carolina except:
(1) meat that has been boned out such that no pieces or fragments of bone remain;
(2) caped hides with no part of the skull or spinal column attached;
(3) antlers, antlers attached to cleaned skull plates, or skulls with no meat or brain tissue;
(4) cleaned lower jawbone(s) with teeth or cleaned teeth; or
(5) finished taxidermy products and tanned hides.
(b) Any cervid carcass, carcass part(s), or container of cervid meat or carcass parts listed in Subparagraph (a)(1) through (4) of this Rule shall be labeled or identified with the following information:
(1) the individual's name and address;
(2) the state, Canadian province, or foreign country of origin; and
(3) the date the cervid was killed and the individual's hunting license number, permit number, or equivalent identification from the state, Canadian province, or foreign country of origin.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-291.2;
Eff. May 1, 2006;
Temporary Amendment Eff. August 1, 2018.