15A NCAC 10B .0126 STATE HUNTING LICENSE EXEMPTIONS
(a) Any governmental or non-profit entity conducting an organized hunting event may obtain from the Executive Director or his designee, subject to the requirements in Paragraph (b) of this Rule, an exemption which allows all participants in the event to hunt without first obtaining hunting licenses, but the participants must:
(1) comply with the hunter safety requirements of G.S. 113-270.1A or be accompanied by a properly licensed adult who maintains a proximity to the license exempt individual which enables the adult to monitor the activities of, and communicate with, the individual at all times;
(2) report all big game harvested as proscribed in Rule .0113 of this Section;
(3) obtain a certificate of participation in federal Harvest Information Program, if hunting migratory game birds; and
(4) obtain a federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp, if the participant is 16 years of age or older and hunting waterfowl.
(b) The governmental or non-profit entity requesting a state hunting license exemption shall apply using a form provided by the Commission and submit that form to the Chief of the Division of Wildlife Management not less than 21 days prior to the organized hunting event. A statement of purpose for the event must be attached to the completed form. The Executive Director or his designee shall deny any request with a statement of purpose that is:
(1) inconsistent with the mission of the Wildlife Resources Commission as stated in Paragraph (d) of this Rule; or
(2) for a purpose other than to promote hunting to youth, disabled people, novice hunters or lapsed hunters.
(c) The person in charge of the event must be on-site at all times and have a copy of the exemption available for inspection on request by Commission personnel. The exemption is limited to the immediate location of the event and shall remain in effect for the time period specified on the exemption.
(d) The mission of the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission is to conserve North Carolina's wildlife resources and their habitats and provide programs and opportunities that allow hunters, anglers, boaters and other outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy wildlife-associated recreation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-134; 113-270.2; 113-276; 113-276.1;
Eff. August 1, 2010.