section .0200 - HUNTING
15A NCAC 10B .0201 PROHIBITED TAKING AND MANNER OF TAKE
(a) It is unlawful for any person to take, or have in possession, any wild animal or wild bird listed in this Section except during the open seasons and in accordance with the limits herein prescribed, or as prescribed by 15A NCAC 10B .0300 pertaining to trapping or 15A NCAC 10D applicable to game lands managed by the Wildlife Resources Commission, unless otherwise permitted by law. Lawful seasons and bag limits for each species apply beginning with the first day of the listed season and continue through the last day of the listed season, with all dates being included. When any hunting season ends on a January 1 that falls on a Sunday, that season shall be extended to Monday, January 2.
(b) On Sundays, hunting on private lands shall be allowed under the following conditions:
(1) archery equipment as described in 15A NCAC 10B .0116, falconry, and dogs where and when allowed the other days of the week are lawful methods of take, except as prohibited in G.S. 103-2:
(2) firearms are lawful methods of take when used as described in G.S. 103-2; and
(3) migratory game birds may not be taken.
(c) On Sundays, hunting on public lands is allowed with the following restrictions:
(1) only falconry and dogs used in conjunction with falconry are lawful methods of take; and
(2) migratory game birds may not be taken.
These restrictions do not apply to military installations under the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal government.
(d) Those animals not classified as game animals in G.S. 113-129(7c), and for which a season is set under this Section, may be taken during the hours and methods authorized for taking game animals.
(e) Where local laws govern hunting, or are in conflict with this Subchapter, the local law shall prevail.
History Note: Authority G.S. 103-2; 113-291.1(a); 113-134; 113-291.2; 113-291.3;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2016; August 1, 2012; July 10, 2010; July 1, 1996; July 1, 1987.