15A NCAC 10B .0212 FOXES (GRAY AND RED)
(a) Fox Season:
(1) There shall be no closed season on taking foxes with dogs, except on Bladen Lakes State Forest Game Land from March 15 through July 15;
(2) Foxes may be taken with weapons or traps the first to fourth Saturday in January in the following counties:
(3) Foxes may be taken the Saturday before Thanksgiving Day through January 1 using archery equipment in all areas of the State east of Interstate Highway 77 and in Mitchell County.
(b) Bag Limit for Foxes:
(1) Except in areas of open season for taking foxes with weapons or traps, foxes shall not be intentionally killed by any method;
(2) For areas of open season detailed in Subparagraph (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this Rule, the following bag limit applies: the daily limit is two; and the season limit is 10.
(c) Where local laws governing the taking of foxes conflict with this Rule, local laws shall prevail.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-134; 113-291.2; 113-291.4; 113-291.4A;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1987; December 1, 1985;
Temporary Amendment Eff. November 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1994; May 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2018; May 1, 2009; July 1, 2000.