15A NCAC 10B .0212 FOXES (GRAY AND RED)
(1) There shall be no closed season on taking foxes with dogs;
(2) Foxes may be taken with weapons or traps the first to fourth Saturday in January in the following counties:
(3) Foxes may be taken the Saturday next preceding Thanksgiving through January 1 by bow and arrow in all areas of the State east of Interstate Highway 77 and in Mitchell County.
(b) Bag Limit.
(1) Except in areas of open season for taking foxes with weapons or traps, foxes may not be intentionally killed by any method;
(2) In areas of open season in all areas east of Interstate Highway 77 as set by the Legislature and in Subparagraph (a)(2) and (a)(3) of this Rule, the following bag limit applies: Daily, two; season, 10.
Note: Where local laws governing the taking of foxes conflict with these Regulations, the local laws shall prevail.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑134; 113‑291.2; 113‑291.4;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1987; December 1, 1985;
Temporary Amendment Eff. November 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1994; May 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. July 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2009; July 1, 2000.