SECTION .0400 ‑ TAGGING FURS
15A NCAC 10B .0401 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Affix", when used in reference to attachment of a fur tag to the carcass or pelt of an animal, means permanent attachment of the tag through some portion of the carcass or pelt in such a manner as not to be removable without damage to the tag;
(2) "Carcass" means the dead body of an animal from which the pelt thereof has not been removed;
(3) "Fur dealer" means any person who is licensed under the provisions of Paragraph (f) of Section 113‑273 of the General Statutes of North Carolina;
(4) "Pelt" means the fur, hide, or skin of an animal which has been removed from the carcass thereof, but does not include a finished product which has been manufactured from such fur, hide or skin or is in the active process of such manufacture;
(5) "Person" means any individual, firm, corporation or association which is authorized by law to act as an entity.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑129; 113‑134; 113‑273; 113‑291.4;
Eff. November 14, 1978;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1992; August 1, 1981; October 1, 1980.