15A NCAC 10F .0109 temporary certificate of number
(a) Whenever a wildlife service agent processes the final transaction to issue, renew, or transfer a certificate of number or to issue a duplicate certificate of number the new owner shall be issued a temporary certificate of number. For a period not exceeding 60 days following the date of the transaction, the vessel may be operated on the temporary certificate of number pending receipt of the regular certificate.
(b) In order to be valid, the temporary certificate of number shall contain the following:
(1) name of issuing wildlife service agent;
(2) name and address of owner(s), dealer or manufacturer;
(3) title indicator;
(4) certificate of number;
(5) use of vessel (pleasure, livery, demonstration, commercial passenger, commercial fishing, other commercial, other;
(6) model of vessel;
(8) year of manufacture or model year;
(9) manufacturer's hull identification number;
(10) length of vessel;
(11) type of vessel (open, cabin, houseboat, personal watercraft, pontoon, other);
(12) hull material (wood, metal, fiberglass, plastic, inflatable, other);
(13) type of propulsion; (inboard, outboard, inboard-outdrive; sail, auxiliary sail/inboard, auxiliary sail/outboard, jet drive);
(14) type of fuel (gasoline, diesel, electric, other);
(15) date temporary certificate of number is issued;
(16) date temporary certificate of number expires;
(17) transaction status;
(18) signature of owner(s).
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑5; 33 C.F.R. 174.21;
Eff. April 1, 1997;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2007; July 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.