15A NCAC 10F .0305 BRUNSWICK COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the waters and portions of waters described as follows:
(1) Lockwoods Folly River. An area on that portion of the Lockwood Folly River beginning 1500 feet north of the boat ramp at the end of State Road 1123 and extending downstream to a point 800 feet south of said boat ramp and the portion of Mill Creek beginning at its intersection with the Lockwood Folly River and extending upstream for 100 feet.
(2) Calabash River. An area located on the Calabash River beginning 100 feet west of the Billy Cox Landing and extending 100 feet east of Captain Harry's Landing.
(3) State Port Authority Small Boat Harbor. Beginning at the Intracoastal Waterway on the easterly side of the North Carolina State Port Authority Small Boat Harbor; thence runs along and with the easterly boundary of the said boat harbor basin and along the northerly boundary and westerly boundary thereof to a point at the intersection of the westerly boundary of said boat harbor with the highwater mark of the Intracoastal Waterway; runs thence in an easterly direction with the highwater mark of the Intracoastal Waterway to the place and point of beginning, and being the entire small boat harbor in Southport.
(4) Shallotte River. The portion of the Shallotte River beginning at its intersection with the Intracoastal Waterway and extending from the northern boundary of the Intracoastal Waterway for a distance of 500 feet to the north, to be marked by appropriate markers.
(5) Big Davis Creek. That part of Big Davis Creek within 100 yards of Sportsman Inn at Blue Water Point Marina near Long Beach.
(6) Town of Ocean Isle Beach. Those waters in the canals, both natural and concrete, which are located on the south side of the Intracoastal Waterway in the Town of Ocean Isle Beach.
(7) Town Creek. The 200 yard portion of Town Creek lying in Town Creek Colony as delineated by no wake zone markers.
(8) Town of Oak Island. That part of Big Davis Canal within the Town of Oak Island starting with the entrance from the Intracoastal Waterway at the end of Yacht Drive SW upstream to the canal end at 40th Street, NE.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate any motorboat or vessel at greater than no-wake speed within any of the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. Subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers, the following agencies are designated suitable agencies for the placement and maintenance of markers implementing this Rule:
(1) The Board of Aldermen of Varnamtown as to areas indicated in Paragraph (a), Subparagraph (1) of this Rule.
(2) The Board of Commissioners of Brunswick County as to areas indicated in Paragraph (a), Subparagraphs (2)-(8) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1997; July 1, 1994; July 1, 1993; January 1, 1989; January 1, 1987;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2009; April 1, 1999;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.