15A NCAC 10F .0308 CLAY COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. It is unlawful to operate any motorboat or vessel at greater than no‑wake speed in the following areas on Chatuge Lake:
(1) within 50 yards of the boat ramp at Ho Hum Campground;
(2) the waters of Shooting Creek, from a line shore to shore 50 yards west of the High Bridge on NC Highway 175, to a line at the southeast end of Shooting Creek shore to shore, from a point at 35.01960 N, 83.72752 W; to a point at 35.01979 N, 83.72638 W;
(3) within 50 yards of the Gibson Cove access area;
(4) within 50 yards of the Chatuge Cove Marina;
(5) that portion of the cove shore to shore, west of Cottage Court off of NC Highway 175, northeast of a line from a point on the east shore at 35.02576 N, 83.73784 W; to a point on the northwest shore at 35.02609 N, 83.73945 W;
(6) within 50 yards of the Chatuge Dam Spillway access area; and
(7) the waters of McCracken Cove.
(b) Restricted Swimming Areas. No person operating or responsible for the operation of a vessel shall permit it to enter any marked public swimming area established with the approval of the Executive Director, or his representative, on the regulated area.
(c) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Clay County is designated a suitable agency for placement of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the Tennessee Valley Authority and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2005; July 1, 1998; February 1, 1990; July 1, 1986; March 25, 1978;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2017.