15A NCAC 10F .0313 HYDE COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters in Hyde County:
(1) Swan Quarter Canal near the Town of Swan Quarter beginning at its entrance at point at 35.40215 N, 76.34033 W in Swanquarter Bay and extending the entire length of the canal;
(2) Carawan Canal near the Town of Swan Quarter beginning at its entrance at a point at 35.39758 N, 76.33312 W in Swanquarter Bay and extending the entire length of the canal;
(3) The waters within 50 yards of all public boat launching areas providing access to Pamlico Sound;
(4) That portion of Far Creek in the Town of Engelhard shore to shore, beginning at a point at 35.51061 N, 75.98699 W and ending at the Roper Lane bridge at 35.50869 N, 76.00229 W;
(5) Fodrey Canal. That portion of Fodrey Canal shore to shore, beginning in Swanquarter Bay at a point at 35.40345 N, 76.34175 W and extending inland 300 yards ending at a point at 35.40469 N, 76.33944 W;
(6) Silver Lake in Ocracoke, harbor-wide;
(7) The entire waters of the Hydeland Canal beginning at the Hydeland Canal Access Area (35.42131 N, 76.20915 W) and ending at the end of SR 1122 (35.40873 N, 76.21185 W);
(8) The waters of Gray Ditch beginning near the SR 1110 bridge at the intersection of Great Ditch Road and Nebraska Road, at 35.45926 N, 76.07527 W and ending at 35.45027 N, 76.06862 W; and
(9) A portion of Main Canal off of Mattamuskeet Lake in the vicinity of Mattamuskeet Lodge, beginning in East Main Canal at 35.45226 N, 76.17359 W, and extending to a point in West Main Canal at 35.45174 N, 76.18132 W, and that portion of Central Canal beginning at its intersection with Main Canal and extending northward to 35.45687 N, 76.1751 W.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate a motorboat or vessel at greater than no-wake speed on the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Hyde County is designated a suitable agency for placement and maintenance of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2014; January 1, 2012; December 1, 2010; October 1, 1995; March 1, 1993; January 1, 1989; March 29, 1981;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.