15A NCAC 10F .0314 NEW HANOVER COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters in New Hanover County:
(1) that area bounded on the north by the US 74-76 Bridge crossing the Intracoastal Waterway, on the south by a line shore to shore intersecting Intracoastal Waterway marker number 127, on the west by the shore of Wrightsville Sound, and on the east by a line perpendicular to US Highway 74-76 and intersecting marker number 25 in Motts Channel;
(2) that area of Motts Channel between marker number 25 at the Intracoastal Waterway on the west and marker number 16 at the entrance from Banks Channel on the east;
(3) that area bounded on the west by the US 76 Bridge crossing Bradley Creek, on the north and south by the banks of Bradley Creek, on the east by a line from a point on the southwest shore at 34.21293 N, 77.83171 W, to a point on the northeast shore at 34.21437 N, 77.83061 W;
(4) Lee's Cut from its western intersection with the Intracoastal Waterway at 34.21979 N, 77.80965 W, to its eastern intersection with Banks Channel at 34.21906 N, 77.79645 W;
(5) the unnamed channel lying between the shore west of Bahama Drive in the Town of Wrightsville Beach and an unnamed island located approximately 500 feet northeast of the US 74 bridge over Banks Channel; and
(6) those waters of the Northeast Cape Fear River between the US Hwy. 117 bridge and the railroad trestle 60 yards east of the Castle Hayne Boating Access Area.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no-wake speed within any of the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Placement of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of New Hanover County is designated a suitable agency for placement of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15.
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1993; May 1, 1989; June 1, 1987; May 1, 1987;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2017.