15A NCAC 10F .0321 PENDER COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters in Pender County:
(1) the canal adjoining Old Point Development;
(2) the First Finger Canal in New Topsail Beach;
(3) in the Town of Topsail Beach, those waters on the eastern side of Banks Channel within 100 yards of the shoreline beginning 155 yards west of Bush's Marina, and extending northeast ending 75 yards from the shoreline perpendicular to Haywood Avenue;
(4) those waters of the Northeast Cape Fear River between the U.S. Highway 117 bridge and the railroad trestle 60 yards east of the Castle Hayne Boating Access Area; and
(5) in the Town of Surf City, the waters of the channel in Topsail Sound known as Deep Creek, from its mouth at a point at 34.43199 N, 77.54795 W to its end west of Goldsboro Avenue.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate any motorboat or vessel at greater than no‑wake speed within the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Placement of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Pender County with respect to the regulated areas designated in Subparagraphs (1), (2) and (4) of Paragraph (a) of this Rule, the Board of Commissioners of the Town of Topsail Beach, with respect to the regulated area designated in Subparagraph (3) of Paragraph (a) of this Rule, and the Board of Commissioners of the Town of Surf City, with respect to the regulated area designated in Subparagraph (5) of Paragraph (a) of this Rule are designated as suitable agencies for placement of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. May 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1993; December 1, 1991; May 1, 1989; October 1, 1985;
Temporary Amendment Eff. April 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2017; July 1, 2000.