15A NCAC 10F .0330 CARTERET COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters in Carteret County:
(1) the waters of Money Island Slough, beginning at the east end of Money Island near the Anchorage Marina Basin and ending at the west end of Money Island where Brooks Avenue dead ends at the slough;
(2) the waters of Taylor's Creek in Beaufort, shore to shore from where Taylor's Creek meets the Newport River at the western end, to a line at the eastern end between a point on the north shore at 34.70762 N, 76.61784 W, south-southwest to the eastern tip of Carrot Island;
(3) the waters of Pelletier Creek, beginning at the entrance to Pelletier Creek at the Intracoastal Waterway and ending at U.S. Highway 70;
(4) the waters of Bogue Sound Harbor Channel in Morehead City, between Sugar Loaf Island and the seawall on the south side of Evans, Shepard, and Shackleford Streets, and bounded on the east by the State Ports Authority, and on the west by the eastern right-of-way margin of South 13th Street extended;
(5) the waters of Gallant's Channel, from the US 70 crossing over the Grayden Paul bridge to Taylor's Creek;
(6) the waters of Cedar Island Bay and Harbor, from N.C. Highway 12 to Cedar Island Bay Channel Light 8;
(7) the waters of the small cove on the west side of Radio Island south of Old Causeway Road;
(8) the waters of the Newport River, beginning at the north side of the Beaufort Drawbridge and ending at marker #6;
(9) the waters of Spooners Creek within the territorial limits of the Town of Morehead City as delineated by appropriate markers;
(10) the waters of the Newport River at Bogue Sound, including all waters surrounding the Port of Morehead City to Brandt Island as delineated by appropriate markers;
(11) the waters of Morgans Creek as delineated by appropriate markers;
(12) the waters of Cannonsgate Marina and the Cannonsgate Marina Channel, beginning at its intersection with Bogue Sound at 34.70163 N, 76.98157 W, as delineated by appropriate markers;
(13) the waters of the Newport River within 200 yards of the Newport River Beach Access Boat Ramp, beginning at the shore north of the U.S. 70 bridge at a point at 34.72141 N, 76.68707 W, west to a point at 34.72128 N, 76.68893 W, north to a point at 34.72376 N, 76.68911 N, then east to the shore at 34.72371 N, 76.68631 W;
(14) the waters of Palmetto Drive canal, a tributary to the White Oak River, beginning at a point on the western shore at 34.67903N, 77.10142W to a point on the eastern shore at 34.67899 N, 77.10098 W and extending the entire length of the canal; and
(15) that portion of the canal at Dolphin Bay Estates, a tributary to the White Oak River, beginning 30 yards inside the entrance to the canal and extending the entire length of the canal.
(b) Speed Limit. It is unlawful to operate a motorboat or vessel at a speed greater than no-wake speed while on the waters of the regulated areas designated in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Placement of Markers. The following agencies shall be designated as suitable agencies for placement of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers:
(1) the Board of Commissioners of Carteret County, with respect to the regulated areas designated in Subparagraphs (a)(1), (3), (5), (6), (7), (8), (11), and (12) of this Rule;
(2) the Board of Commissioners of the Town of Beaufort, with respect to the regulated area designated in Subparagraph (a)(2) of this Rule;
(3) the Board of Commissioners of Morehead City, with respect to Subparagraph (a)(4), (9), and (13) of this Rule;
(4) the North Carolina State Ports Authority, with respect to the regulated area designated in Subparagraph (a)(10) of this Rule; and
(5) the Board of Commissioners of the Town of Cedar Point with respect to the regulated areas designated in Subparagraphs (a)(14) and (15) of this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15;
Eff. March 4, 1979;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1997; May 1, 1995; June 1, 1994; February 1, 1994; July 1, 1993;
Temporary Amendment Eff. February 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1998;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 1, 1999; November 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2016; July 1, 2012; September 1, 2010; July 1, 2000;
Temporary Amendment Eff. September 1, 2016;
Amended Eff. April 1, 2017.