15A NCAC 10F .0336 NORTHAMPTON AND WARREN COUNTIES
(a) Regulated Area. This Rule applies only to that portion of Lake Gaston which lies within the boundaries of Northampton and Warren Counties.
(b) Speed Limit in Mooring Areas. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no-wake speed while within a marked mooring area established with the approval of the Executive Director, or his representative, on the waters of Gaston Lake in Northampton and Warren Counties.
(c) Speed Limit Near Shore Facilities. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no-wake speed within 50 yards of any marked boat launching area, dock, pier, bridge, marina, boat storage structure, or boat service area on the waters of the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(d) Speed Limit in specific waters. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no-wake speed within the following bodies of water.
(1) Northampton County, the waters of the cove on the north shore of Lake Gaston east of Vincent Drive, shore to shore from a point at 36.51652 N, 77.82232 W to a point at 36.51580 N, 77.82273 W;
(2) Warren County, the waters of Big Stonehouse Creek within 50 yards of the culvert under Highway 903;
(3) Warren County, the waters of Songbird Creek within 50 yards of the culvert under Highway 903;
(4) Warren County, the waters of Six Pound Creek within 50 yards of the culvert under State Road 1707;
(5) Warren County, the waters of Lizard Creek within 50 yards of the culvert under Highway 903.
(e) Restricted Swimming Areas. No person operating or responsible for the operation of a vessel shall permit it to enter any marked public swimming area on the waters of Gaston Lake in Northampton and Warren Counties.
(f) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Northampton County and Warren County are designated as suitable agencies for placement and maintenance of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and United States Army Corps of Engineers. With regard to marking Gaston Lake, all of the supplementary standards listed in Rule .0301(g) of this Section shall apply.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15;
Eff. March 29, 1981;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1994; March 1, 1993; September 1, 1989;
Temporary Amendment Eff. March 15, 2003;
Temporary Amendment Expired October 12, 2003;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2014; May 1, 2004;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.