15A NCAC 10F .0339 MCDOWELL COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters located on Lake James in McDowell County:
(1) the cove east of Old Wildlife Club Road, beginning at a line from a point on the northwest shore at 35.73649 N, 81.92296 W to a point on the southeast shore at 35.73595 N, 81.92194 W;
(2) those waters including coves, shore to shore in the vicinity of the Marion Moose Club property, east of the line from a point on the north shore at 35.72026 N, 81.97292 W, to a point on the south shore at 35.71908 N, 81.97257 W, and south of the line from a point on the west shore at 35.72214 N, 81.96807 W to a point on the east shore at 35.72305 N, 81.96642 W;
(3) Morgan Cove;
(4) that area within 50 yards of the shoreline at the New Manna Baptist Youth Camp;
(5) that area within 50 yards of the shoreline at Burnett's Landing;
(6) the coves adjacent to Lake James State Park swimming area southeast of a line from a point on the northeast shore at 35.73402 N, 81.90450 W to a point on the southwest shore at 35.73268 N, 81.90614 W;
(7) that area within 50 yards of camping areas in the Lake James State Park;
(8) that area including the cove between Waterglyn Subdivision and Lakeview Shores Subdivision and extending within 50 yards of the shoreline of Lakeview Point Subdivision and within 50 yards of the boat launching ramp at the Marion Lake Club;
(9) Plantation Point Cove southwest of a line from a point on the north shore at 35.71672 N, 81.98065 W to a point on the south shore at 35.71616 N, 81.98010 W;
(10) Waterglyn Subdivision Cove;
(11) that area within 50 yards of the boat ramp at Lake James Landing, near the mouth of the North Fork of the Catawba River;
(12) that area within 50 yards of the Bear Creek Marina;
(13) the waters within 50 yards of the peninsula at Waterglyn Subdivision, from the point on land east of the cove east of Old Wildlife Club Road at 35.73600 N, 81.92185 W to a point on land west of Waterglyn Subdivision Cove at 35.73549 N, 81.91900 W; and
(14) the waters within 50 yards of the boat ramp in Hidden Cove.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate any motorboat or vessel at greater than no-wake speed within any of the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Restricted Swimming Areas. No person operating or responsible for the operation of any vessel, surfboard or waterskis shall permit the same to enter any marked swimming area located on the regulated area.
(d) Placement of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of McDowell County is the designated agency for placement of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A-3; 75A-15;
Eff. August 23, 1981;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996; December 1, 1993; March 1, 1992; April 1, 1991;
Temporary Amendment Eff. February 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1998;
Temporary Amendment Eff. February 4, 2000; April 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2000;
Temporary Amendment Eff. May 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2010; July 1, 2008; July 18, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2017.