15A NCAC 10F .0343 CHATHAM COUNTY
(a) Definitions. In addition to the definitions set forth in Paragraph (b) of Rule .0301 of this Section, the following definitions apply in this Rule:
(1) Corps ‑ Corps of engineers, United States Army;
(2) Regulated Area ‑ That portion of the B. Everette Jordan Reservoir located within the boundaries of Chatham County.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no‑wake speed on the regulated area as follows:
(1) within 50 yards of any public boat launching ramp;
(2) within the restricted zone adjacent to the Crosswinds Marina located north of US 64 and west of SR 1008 as indicated by markers;
(3) within 100 feet of all bridges;
(4) within the restricted zone at the Ebenezer Church Road access point.
(c) Restricted Swimming Areas. No person operating or responsible for the operation of any vessel, surfboard or water skis shall permit the same to enter any marked swimming area located on the regulated area.
(d) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Chatham County is designated a suitable agency for placement and maintenance of the markers implementing this Rule, subject to the approval of the corps. With regard to marking the regulated area described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule, the supplementary standards listed in Subparagraphs (1) through (8) of Rule .0301(g) of this Section shall apply.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. March 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2004; September 1, 1989; April 1, 1984; June 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.