15A NCAC 10F .0347 CRAVEN COUNTY
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following waters in Craven County:
(1) that portion of Northwest Creek between the entrance buoys at Fairfield Harbour Marina and the mouth of Spring Creek, and to all of Spring Creek, including the bulkheaded area of Fairfield Harbour, in Craven County;
(2) that area of water between the entrance buoys of the Olde Towne Lake, from the Trent River and including all of Olde Towne Lake and the bulkhead area of Olde Towne Harbour itself;
(3) Matthews Point Marina. That triangular area in the waters at the end of the Matthews Point Marina main pier, between a point 300 feet east of the pier at 34.90619 N, 76.76490 W, and a point 300 feet west of the pier at 34.90610 N, 76.76262 W, and a point 150 feet south of the pier at 34.90571 N, 76.76377 W, which is located at the confluence of Clubfoot and Mitchell Creeks off of the Neuse River;
(4) that area of water within 50 yards of the fuel dock at Eastern Carolina Yacht Club; and
(5) that portion of Slocum Creek in the City of Havelock, shore to shore east of a line from a point on the northern shore at 34.89122 N, 76.92302 W to a point on the southern shore at 34.89102 N, 76.92304 W and extending northeast, shore to shore to a line from a point on the northern shore at 34.8937 N, 76.92109 W to a point on the southeast shore at 34.89358 N, 76.92089 W.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate any vessel at greater than no‑wake speed within the regulated areas described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Green Springs Boys Club Swimming Area - No person shall operate a vessel within the Green Springs Boys Club Swimming Area along the Neuse River as designated by marker buoys and float lines.
(d) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Craven County is hereby designated a suitable agency for placement and maintenance of the markers implementing Subparagraphs (a)(1), (2), (3), and (4) of this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
(e) The City of Havelock is hereby designated a suitable agency for placement and maintenance of the markers implementing Subparagraph (a)(5) of this Rule, subject to the approval of the United States Coast Guard and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. August 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. December 1, 1990; October 1, 1989; June 1, 1989;
Temporary Amendment Eff. April 1, 1998;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2016; July 1, 1998;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.