15A NCAC 10F .0350 DURHAM AND WAKE COUNTIES
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule shall apply to the waters of Falls Lake in Durham and Wake counties.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no‑wake speed:
(1) while within a designated mooring area established on the regulated area by or with the approval of the Corps and State Parks;
(2) within 50 yards of any public boat launching ramp or boat service facility, including docks used for fueling or boat repair, located on the regulated area;
(3) within 50 yards of any state road bridge crossing over the portion of Falls Lake located within Wake County;
(4) the waters of the Holly Point Recreation Swim and boat launch area shore to shore, from a line at a point on the southwest shore at 35.99751 N, 78.66075 W to a point on the north shore at 36.00030 N, 78.65963 W, east to a line from a point on the southeast shore at 35.99941 N, 78.65520 W to a point on the northwest shore at 36.00087 N, 78.65731 W; and
(5) within 50 yards east and 50 yards west of the New Light Road bridge.
(c) Restricted Zones. No person operating or responsible for the operation of a vessel, surfboard or water skis shall enter:
(1) any marked swimming area located on the regulated area;
(2) any areas near the dam structures located on the regulated area that is marked against entry by vessels by or with the approval of the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
(d) Placement of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Durham County, the Board of Commissioners of Wake County, and North Carolina State Parks shall be the designated agencies for placement of markers implementing this Rule in their respective counties, subject to the approval of the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. December 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2007; August 1, 1990; April 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016;
Amended Eff. July 1, 2018.