15A NCAC 10F .0350 DURHAM AND WAKE COUNTIES
(a) Definitions. In addition to the definitions set forth in Paragraph (b) of Rule .0301 of this Section, the following definitions apply for the purposes of this Rule:
(1) Corps ‑ Corps of Engineers, United States Army;
(2) State Parks ‑ Division of Parks and Recreation, N. C. Department of Environment, Health, and Natural Resources;
(3) Regulated Area ‑ Those portions of Falls Lake located within the boundaries of Durham and Wake Counties.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate a vessel at greater than no‑wake speed:
(1) while within a designated mooring area established on the regulated area by or with the approval of the Corps and State Parks;
(2) within 50 yards of any public boat launching ramp or boat service facility, including docks used for fueling or boat repair, located on the regulated area;
(3) within 50 yards of any state road bridge crossing over that portion of Falls Lake located within the boundaries of Wake County;
(4) within 50 yards of the area marked as the Holly Point Recreation Swim and boat launch area and the New Light Road Bridge.
(c) Restricted Zones. No person operating or responsible for the operation of any vessel, surfboard or water skis shall permit the same to enter:
(1) any marked swimming area located on the regulated area;
(2) any areas near the dam structures located on the regulated area that shall be marked by or with the approval of the Corps against entry by vessels.
(d) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Board of Commissioners of Durham County and the Board of Commissioners of Wake County are designated suitable agencies for placement and maintenance of markers implementing this Rule within their respective counties, subject to the approval of the Corps. If these boards exercise their supervisory responsibilities, they may delegate the actual placement and maintenance of markers to some other responsible agency. With regard to marking of the regulated area described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule, all of the Supplementary standards listed in Paragraph (g) of Rule .0301 of this Section shall apply.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. December 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2007; August 1, 1990; April 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.