15A NCAC 10f .0359 Cherokee County
(a) Regulated Areas. This Rule applies to the following sections of Hiawassee Lake:
(1) the waters within 50 yards of Hiawassee Hideaway Marina;
(2) the waters within 50 yards of Shook's Boat Dock;
(3) the waters within 50 yards of Bear Paw Marina;
(4) the waters within 50 yards of TVA Boat Ramp at Micken's Branch; and
(5) the waters within 50 yards of Harbor Cove Marina.
(b) Speed Limit. No person shall operate any vessel at greater than no‑wake speed on the waters of the regulated areas as described in Paragraph (a) of this Rule.
(c) Placement and Maintenance of Markers. The Cherokee County Board of Commissioners is designated a suitable agency for the placement and maintenance of markers implementing this Rule.
History Note: Authority G.S. 75A‑3; 75A‑15;
Eff. May 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2007; May 1, 2006;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.