15A NCAC 10H .0102 ESTABLISHMENT AND OPERATION
(a) Size of Preserve. Controlled hunting preserves licensed under these regulations shall consist of not less than 100 acres and shall be in one block of land.
(b) Boundary of Preserve. The boundary of each controlled hunting preserve shall be posted with printed signs that face both outward and inward from the preserve boundary and that are supplied and posted by the preserve owner as follows:
(1) Size and color. Signs shall be at least 12 inches wide and at least nine inches tall with white background and black lettering of uniform and legible font.
(2) Text for signs that face outward from the boundary shall bear the following information:
(i) the words "Controlled Hunting Preserve" in font size no less than ¼ of an inch in height;
(ii) the words, "The owner or lessee of this property is operating by authority of a license issued by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission. All hunting on this preserve shall be in accordance with special regulations adopted by the Commission" in font size no less than ¼ of an inch in height;
(iii) the words, "state hunting license is required" in font size no less than ¼ inches in height; and
(iv) the name of the operator of the controlled hunting preserve in font size no less than ¼ of an inch in height.
(3) Text for signs that face inward from the boundary shall bear the words "Controlled Hunting Preserve" in font size no less than ¾ of an inch in height.
(4) Location. Signs shall be placed along the boundaries of the controlled hunting preserve, spaced not more than 150 feet apart.
(c) Stocking Preserve with Game. An applicant for a controlled hunting preserve license shall present satisfactory evidence of his ability to raise, or purchase, for release on the preserve during the year at least the minimum number herein designated of each species he plans to advertise as being available on his preserve for hunting in accordance with the following formula:
(1) ring‑necked pheasants (and other nonnative game birds except Mallard ducks)‑‑100 birds of each species for first 300 acres, or fraction thereof, and 100 birds for each additional 200 acres, or fraction thereof, included in the hunting preserve;
(2) bobwhite quail‑‑1,000 quail for the first 300 acres, or fraction thereof, and 500 quail for each additional 200 acres, or fraction thereof, included in the hunting preserve;
(3) Mallard ducks (one generation removed from the wild) ‑‑100 minimum for each preserve.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑134; 113‑273;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. June 1, 2009; January 1, 1992; November 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.