section .0800 - FALCONRY
15A NCAC 10H .0801 DEFINITIONS
In addition to the definitions contained in G.S. 113-130, and unless the context requires otherwise, as used in 15A NCAC 10B .0216 and in this Section:
(1) "Falconry permit" or "permit" means a falconry permit or license issued by another state, tribe or territory which has been certified by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
(2) "Falconry license" means the annual special purpose falconry license which is required by G.S. 113-270.3(b)(4) and referenced in the rules of this Section.
(3) "State" means the State of North Carolina, except when the context indicates reference to another state of the United States.
(4) "Commission" means the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.
(5) "Executive director" means the Executive Director of the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. When action is required by the commission by any provision of this Section, such action may be performed by the executive director on behalf of the commission.
(6) "Bred in captivity" or "captive-bred" refers to raptors hatched in captivity from parents that mated or otherwise transferred gametes in captivity.
(7) "Raptor" means a live migratory bird of the Order Accipitriformes, Order Falconiformes or the Order Strigiformes, other than a bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus).
(8) "Wild-caught" and "wild" raptors means any free-ranging wild raptor held in captivity regardless of its length of captivity or ownership changes according to 50 CFR 21.29(f)(1) which is hereby incorporated by reference, including subsequent amendments and editions.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113-134; 113-270.3(b)(4); 50 C.F.R. 21.28; 50 C.F.R. 21.29;
Eff. September 1, 1979;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2012; May 1, 2007; May 1, 1995; August 1, 1988; February 1, 1985;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016.