15A NCAC 10H .1003 RECORDS
(a) Licensed taxidermists shall keep records of each wildlife specimen delivered and contained within his or her place of business. Records shall include:
(1) the species and sex of the specimen;
(2) the date the specimen was delivered;
(3) the name and address of the person delivering the specimen;
(4) the name and address of the person responsible for take of the specimen, if different;
(5) the date and location of the take;
(6) the big game harvest authorization number, if applicable; and
(7) the date and disposition of the mounted specimen.
Records shall be maintained chronologically by the date the specimen was delivered. Records shall be retained by the taxidermist for one year following expiration of the taxidermy license and shall be made available for inspection by any agent of the Wildlife Resources Commission.
(b) The records required by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service under its taxidermy permit regulations for migratory game birds, as set forth in 50 CFR 21.24, which is hereby incorporated by reference including subsequent amendments and editions, shall satisfy this Rule, and can be accessed at no cost at www.ecfr.gov.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑134; 113‑273;
Eff. March 1, 1981;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1989;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 6, 2016;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2018.