15A NCAC 13B .0402 OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Any person who maintains or operates a transfer facility shall maintain and operate the facility in conformance with the following practices unless otherwise specified in the permit.
(1) Operational plans shall be approved and followed as specified for the facility;
(2) A facility shall only accept those wastes which it is permitted to receive;
(3) Water that comes into contact with solid waste will be contained on‑site or properly treated prior to discharge from the site. An NPDES permit may be required prior to discharge to surface waters;
(4) Equipment for fire control shall be available;
(5) Effective vector control measures shall be applied to control flies, rodents, and other insects or vermin;
(6) Equipment shall be provided in the storage and charging areas and elsewhere as needed or as may be required in order to maintain the facility in a sanitary condition; and
(7) Appropriate method shall be provided to confine material subject to be blown by the wind within the area. At the conclusion of each day of operation, all windblown material resulting from the operation shall be collected and returned to the area by the owner or operator.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑294;
Eff. April 1, 1982.