15A NCAC 13B .0563 general requirements for LCIDLFs
The owner or operator of a land clearing and inert debris landfill (site) shall obtain a permit from the Division, unless exempted from permitting pursuant to G.S. 130A-294(a)(4)a. A site shall comply with Rules .0564 through .0567 of this Section, and the following requirements:
(1) The site shall accept only yard waste and inert debris waste for disposal.
(2) The site shall comply with all other federal, State, and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, and orders, including zoning regulations, flood plain regulations, wetland regulations, sedimentation and erosion control regulations, and mining regulations.
(3) Permits issued by the Division for land clearing and inert debris landfills shall be valid for five years, and shall be subject to the permit fees set forth in G.S. 130A-295.8.
(4) A permit shall not be required for a site that meets the following conditions:
(a) the site is within the right-of-way of a N.C. Department of Transportation project;
(b) the site accepts only yard waste and inert debris waste that was generated from within the same N.C. Department of Transportation project right-of-way that the site is located in;
(c) the site disposal area does not exceed two contiguous acres in size; and
(d) the site complies with Rule .0564 of this Section.
(5) Owners or operators shall not construct or operate more than one site that is exempted from permitting in accordance with G.S. 130A-294(a)(4)a. on any single parcel of land.
(6) Within five years of the readopted effective date of this Rule, the owner or operator of a notified LCIDLF that was not closed prior to the readopted effective date of this Rule shall comply with the requirements of this Rule, or shall close the notified LCIDLF in accordance with Rule .0567(b) of this Section, except that the required notification of closure is not required to be certified. For the purpose of this Rule, "notified LCIDLF" means a site that was not required to obtain a permit from the Division prior to the readopted effective date of this Rule because the site was designed and constructed to be two acres or less in size, and was required to record a notification for the site with the Register of Deeds' office and submit the notification to the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑294; 130A-301.1;
Eff. January 4, 1993;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2021.