SECTION .0600 ‑ MONITORING REQUIREMENTS
Rules .0601 ‑ .0602 of Title 15A Subchapter 13B of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T15A.13B .0601 ‑ .0602); have been transferred and recodified from Rules .0601 ‑ .0602 of Title 10 Subchapter 10G of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T10.10G .0601 ‑ .0602), effective April 4, 1990.
15A NCAC 13B .0601 GROUND‑WATER MONITORING
(a) The Division shall require a solid waste management facility to provide such ground‑water monitoring capability as the Division determines to be necessary to detect the effects of the facility on ground‑water in the area. In making such a determination, the Division shall consider the following factors:
(1) the design of the facility, the nature of the processes it will use, and the type of waste it will handle;
(2) soil and other geological conditions in the area;
(3) nearness of ground‑water to the facility;
(4) uses that are being or may be made of any ground‑water that may be affected by the facility; and
(5) any other factors that reasonably relate to the potential for ground‑water effects from the facility.
(b) Responsibility for sample collection and analysis will be defined as a part of the permit condition.
(c) Any other information that the Division deems pertinent to the development of a ground‑water monitoring system will be required.
(d) All monitoring wells required pursuant to this Rule shall comply with monitoring well construction standards of 15A NCAC 2C .0105. Copies of 15A NCAC 2C may be obtained from and inspected at the Division.
(e) A record of well installation shall be filed with the Division upon completion of the monitoring wells.
(f) Groundwater quality monitoring wells shall be constructed of materials, and by procedures, approved by the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑294;
Eff. April 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1990; August 1, 1988; January 1, 1985.