SECTION .0600 ‑ MONITORING REQUIREMENTS
15A NCAC 13B .0601 groundwater MONITORING
(a) This Rule shall apply to a sanitary landfill that is not subject to Rules .0531 through .0546 or Section .1600 of this Subchapter (site). This Rule shall apply for the life of the site and the post-closure care period of the site.
(b) The site shall be subject to the groundwater requirements and standards in 15A NCAC 02L .0101 through .0114 and 15A NCAC 02L .0201 through .0202. The site shall not cause an exceedance of the groundwater quality standards and interim maximum allowable concentrations established under 15A NCAC 02L .0202 in the uppermost aquifer at the review boundary or compliance boundary as established in 15A NCAC 02L .0107 and .0108.
(c) The site shall provide such groundwater monitoring capability as the Division determines to be necessary to detect the effects of the site on groundwater in the area. In making such a determination, the Division shall consider the following factors:
(1) the design of the site, the nature of the processes it will use, and the type of waste it will handle;
(2) soil and other geological conditions in the area;
(3) nearness of groundwater to the site;
(4) uses that are being or may be made of any groundwater that may be affected by the site; and
(5) any other factors that relate to the potential for groundwater effects from the site.
(d) The construction of monitoring wells shall comply with 15A NCAC 02C .0108.
(e) The owner or operator of a site shall submit a record of the monitoring well installation to the Division upon completion of the installation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑294;
Eff. April 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1990; August 1, 1988; January 1, 1985;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2021.