15A NCAC 13B .0602 SURFACE WATER MONITORING
(a) The Division shall require a solid waste management facility to provide such surface water monitoring capability as the Division determines to be necessary to detect the effects of the facility on surface water in the area. In making such a determination, the Division shall consider the following factors:
(1) the design of the facility, the nature of the process it will use, and the type of waste it will handle;
(2) drainage patterns and other hydrological conditions in the area;
(3) nearness of surface water to the facility;
(4) uses that are being or may be made of any surface water that may be affected by the facility; and
(5) any other factors that reasonably relate to the potential for surface water effects from the facility.
(b) Responsibility for sample collection and analysis will be defined as a part of the permit conditions.
(c) Any other information that the Division deems pertinent to the development of a surface water monitoring system will be required.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑294;
Eff. April 1, 1982.