15A NCAC 13B .0602 SURFACE WATER MONITORING
(a) This Rule shall apply to a sanitary landfill that is not subject to Rules .0531 through .0546 or Section .1600 of this Subchapter (site). This Rule shall apply for the life of the site and the post-closure care period of the site.
(b) The owner or operator of the site shall provide such surface water monitoring capability as the Division determines to be necessary to detect the effects of the site on surface waters contained on or bordering the site property. In making this determination, the Division shall consider the following factors:
(1) the design of the site, the nature of the processes it will use, and the type of waste it will handle;
(2) drainage patterns and other hydrological conditions in the area;
(3) nearness of surface water to the site;
(4) uses that are being or may be made of any surface water that may be affected by the site; and
(5) any other factors that relate to the potential for surface water effects from the site.
(c) The site shall not cause an exceedance of the surface water standards established under 15A NCAC 02B .0200.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑294;
Eff. April 1, 1982;
Readopted Eff. January 1, 2021.