15A NCAC 13B .1109 CLOSURE OF NON‑CONFORMING SITES
(a) Any scrap tire collection or disposal site that does not meet the requirements of this Section shall be closed.
(b) In closing any non-conforming scrap tire site, the owner or operator shall:
(1) prevent public access to the site;
(2) post a notice indicating the site is closed and the nearest permitted site where scrap tires may be deposited;
(3) notify the Division of the closing prior to tire removal;
(4) remove all scrap tires, processed tires and residuals to a scrap tire collection site that is permitted in accordance with this Section, or that is exempt from permitting pursuant to G.S. 130A 309.57(d); or to a solid waste management facility permitted by the Division to accept scrap tires or processed tires, and provide receipts to the Division by a deadline that shall be specified by the Division; and
(5) remove any solid waste to a solid waste management facility permitted by the Division to receive such waste.
(c) Once all requirements set forth in Paragraph (b) of this Rule are complete, the owner or operator shall notify the Division in writing.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑309.57;
Eff. October 1, 1990;
Readopted Eff. December 1, 2018.