15A NCAC 13B .1109 CLOSURE OF NON‑CONFORMING SITES
(a) Any scrap tire collection or disposal site which does not meet the requirements of this Section shall be closed.
(b) In closing any scrap tire site the owner or operator shall:
(1) Prevent public access to the site;
(2) Post a notice indicating the site is closed and the nearest permitted site where scrap tires can be deposited;
(3) Notify the Division of the closing and obtain Departmental approval of the plan to remove tires prior to tire removal;
(4) Remove all scrap tires, processed tires and residuals to a waste tire processing facility, solid waste management facility permitted to accept scrap tires or processed tires, a legitimate user of processed tires, or other facility approved by the Division;
(5) Remove any solid waste to a permitted solid waste management facility;
(6) Provide documentation that tires were received by approved facility; and
(7) Notify the Department when closure is complete.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑309.57;
Eff. October 1, 1990.