15A NCAC 13B .1408 recordkeeping AND REPORTING REQUIREMENTS
(a) Record Keeping: Facility owners or operators shall maintain records for no less than five years. The following records shall be available for inspection by Division personnel during the facility's normal business hours and shall be sent to the Division upon request:
(1) daily operational records that include temperature data (length of the composting period) and quantity of material processed;
(2) analytical results of compost testing;
(3) the quantity, type, and source of waste received;
(4) the quantity of waste processed into compost;
(5) the odor management records required by Rule .1405(10) of this Section; and
(6) the quantity of compost removed for use or disposal and the market or permitted disposal facility.
(b) Annual Reporting: An annual report for the period July 1 to June 30 shall be submitted by all facility owners or operators to the Division by August 1 of each year and shall contain:
(1) the facility name, address, and permit number;
(2) the total quantity in tons, with sludge values expressed in dry weight, and the type of waste received at the facility during the year covered by the report, including tons of waste received from local governments of origin;
(3) the total quantity in tons of compost produced at the facility during the year covered by the report;
(4) the total quantity in tons of compost removed for use or disposal from the facility during the year covered by the report;
(5) monthly temperature monitoring to support Rule .1406 of this Section; and
(6) the results of analytical testing required by Rule .1407 of this Section.
(c) Yearly totals of solid waste received and composted shall be reported back to the local government of origin for annual recycling reporting.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-294; 130A-309.03; 130A‑309.11; 130A-309.29;
Eff. December 1, 1991;
RRC objection Eff. April 18, 1996 due to lack of statutory authority;
Amended Eff. June 1, 1996;
Readopted Eff. November 1, 2019.