15A NCAC 13B .1621 CONSTRUCTION QUALITY ASSURANCE PLAN
(a) The construction quality control and quality assurance (CQA) plan shall describe the observations and tests that will be used before, during, and upon completion of construction to ensure that the construction and materials meet the design specifications and the construction and certification requirements set forth in Rule .1624 of this Section. The CQA plan shall also describe the procedures to ensure that the integrity of the landfill systems will be maintained prior to waste placement.
(b) For construction of each cell, the CQA plan shall include the following information:
(1) The designation of responsibilities for the construction management organization shall be included in the CQA plan. A pre-construction meeting shall be conducted prior to beginning construction of the base liner system for a new cell. The meeting shall include a discussion of the construction management organization, respective duties during construction, and periodic reporting requirements for test results and construction activities.
(2) A description of all field observations, tests, equipment, and calibration procedures for field testing equipment that will be used to ensure that the construction and installation meets or exceeds all design criteria established in accordance with Rules .1620 and .1624 of this Section shall be included in the CQA plan.
(3) A description of all sampling protocols, sample size, methods for determining sample locations, and frequency of sampling shall be included in the CQA plan.
(4) A description of reporting required by the rules of this Section for CQA activities shall be included in the CQA plan.
(5) A description of planned progress and troubleshooting meetings, including the frequency, shall be included in the CQA Plan. The meetings shall occur no less than twice per week, and the proceedings of the meetings shall be documented.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-294;
Eff. October 9, 1993;
Readopted Eff. September 16, 2021.