15A NCAC 13C .0102 NOTICE OF REMEDIAL ACTION PLAN
(a) The public notice and summary required by G.S. 130A‑310.4 for a proposed remedial action plan shall include the following:
(1) the name and address of the Division;
(2) a brief statement explaining that the Division is responsible for reviewing and approving the remedial action plan;
(3) the name, address, and phone number of a contact person in the Division from whom interested parties may obtain additional information regarding the remedial action plan;
(4) a brief description of the site location and problems at the site which resulted in the site requiring remedial action;
(5) a brief description of the corrective action proposed for the site and other alternatives considered in developing the remedial action plan;
(6) references to applicable statutory or regulatory authority;
(7) a brief description of any agreements reached by responsible parties to implement the remedial action plan; and
(8) the location of copies of the proposed remedial action plan available for public inspection.
(b) Written comments on proposed remedial action plans shall be sent to the Division of Solid Waste Management, P.O. Box 27687, Raleigh, North Carolina 27611‑7687.
(c) If the Secretary determines that, in addition to the notice in Paragraph (a), a public hearing should be held on a proposed remedial action plan, a public hearing notice shall be issued that includes the following:
(1) date, time, and location of the public hearing;
(2) a brief description of the purpose of the hearing;
(3) references to the dates of previous public notices or hearings on the remedial action plan; and
(4) the procedures for making written or oral comments about the remedial action plan.
(d) The Division shall establish a mailing list to notify interested persons of the development of proposed remedial action plans and of any public meetings or hearings scheduled concerning proposed plans. Interested persons may request such notice by contacting the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑310.4; 130A‑310.12;
Temporary Rule Eff. January 1, 1988 For a Period of 180 Days to Expire on June 29, 1988;
Eff. June 1, 1988;
Transferred and Recodified from 10 NCAC 10G .0803 Eff. June 1, 1989;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1990;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. June 24, 2017.