15A NCAC 18A .0159 SEPARATION OF OPERATIONS
(a) Facility design shall provide for continuous flow of raw materials and product to prevent contamination by exposure to areas involved in earlier processing steps, refuse or other areas subject to contamination.
(b) The following processes shall be carried out in separate rooms or areas:
(1) Raw crustacea receiving or refrigeration.
(2) Crustacea cooking.
(3) Cooked crustacea air‑cool.
(4) Cooked crustacea refrigeration.
(7) Picked crustacea meat refrigeration.
(8) Pasteurizing/thermal processing.
(9) Machine picking.
(11) Other processes when carried out in conjunction with the cooking of crustacea or crustacea meat.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑230;
Eff. October 1, 1992;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1997.