15A NCAC 18A .1415 PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE
The application for permit shall be accompanied by a written plan for the provision of medical care, such plan having been approved in writing by the local health director. At the time of the inspection, the structure and all supplies and equipment provided for in the plan shall be in place; and the agreements and statements provided for in the plan shall be determined to be valid. The plan shall include provisions for:
(1) the name and address of a physician licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina to be responsible for the organization and delivery of emergency medical services; A signed notarized statement by the physician accepting the responsibility shall accompany the plan. He shall determine how many licensed physicians, licensed nurses, and other medical personnel shall be on duty on the premises at any particular time;
(2) at least one enclosed covered structure to be used as a medical treatment center; The structure or structures shall provide at least a total of 450 square feet and shall have running water under pressure from an approved source;
(3) a list of medical supplies and equipment sufficient to support reasonably anticipated medical care requirements;
(4) notification of all general public hospitals within 20 miles of the mass gathering location as to scheduled dates and anticipated attendance of the mass gathering;
(5) the name and address of at least one licensed ambulance service agency to be responsible for providing emergency transportation; A signed notarized statement by an official of the agency accepting the responsibility shall accompany the plan.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑257;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 5, 1977;
Amended Eff. September 1, 1990.