SECTION .1600 ‑ SANITATION OF RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES
Rules .1601 ‑ .1622 of Title 15A Subchapter 18A of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T15A.18A .1601 ‑ .1622); has been transferred and recodified from Rules .0201 ‑ .0222 of Title 10 Subchapter 10A of the North Carolina Administrative Code (T10.10A .0201 ‑ .0222), effective April 4, 1990.
15A NCAC 18A .1601 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions shall apply throughout this Section:
(1) "Department of Environment and Natural Resources" means the Secretary, or his authorized representative.
(2) "Director" means the State Health Director.
(3) "Foster Care" means the care of individuals as defined in G.S. 131D-10.2(9).
(4) "Family foster home" means a facility as defined in G.S. 131D-10.2(8).
(5) "Manager" means the person in responsible charge of a residential care facility.
(6) "Potentially hazardous food" means any food or ingredient, natural or synthetic, in a form capable of supporting the growth of infectious or toxigenic microorganisms, including Clostridium botulinum. This term includes raw or heat treated foods of animal origin, raw seed sprouts, and treated foods of plant origin. The term does not include foods which have a pH level of 4.6 or below or a water activity (Aw) value of 0.85 or less.
(7) "Residential care facility" means an establishment providing room or board and for which a license or certificate for payment is obtained from the Department of Human Resources. However, the term shall not include a child day care facility or an institution as defined in 15A NCAC 18A .1300.
(8) "Resident" means a person, other than the manager, his immediate family, and staff, residing in a residential care facility.
(9) "Sanitarian" means a person authorized to represent the Department on the local or state level in making inspections pursuant to state laws and rules.
(10) "Sanitize" means the approved bactericidal treatment by a process which meets the temperature and chemical concentration levels in 15A NCAC 18A .2619.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-235;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. December 5, 1977;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1993; September 1, 1990; March 1, 1988; July 1, 1984;
Temporary Amendment Eff. May 5, 1998;
Temporary Amendment Expired January 26, 1999;
Amended Eff. November 1, 2002