15A NCAC 18A .1833 APPLICATION AND PLAN REVIEW
(a) Plans drawn to scale for new lodging establishments shall be submitted for review and approval to the local health department prior to initiating construction, or prior to construction of additions or renovations, excluding cosmetic or nonstructural changes to existing lodging establishments.
(b) An applicant shall submit an application for a permit or transitional permit at least 30 days before the date planned for opening the lodging establishment. The applicant shall submit to the regulatory authority a written application for a permit on a form provided by the regulatory authority.
(c) The application form shall include:
(1) The name, mailing address, telephone number, and signature of the person applying for the permit and the name, mailing address, and location of the lodging establishment;
(2) Information specifying whether the lodging establishment is owned by an association, corporation, individual, partnership, or other legal entity;
(3) The name, title, address, and telephone number of the person in charge responsible for the lodging establishment;
(4) A statement specifying the number of guest rooms or units and whether the lodging establishment is an operation that includes one or more of the following:
(A) Prepares, or serves potentially hazardous food (time/temperature control for safety food) for guests;
(B) Prepares only food that is not potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety food) for guests;
(C) Does not prepare, but serves only prepackaged food that is not potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety food) for guests;
(5) Number and type of meals served, and the menu;
(6) Source of water supply and wastewater disposal; and
(7) A statement signed by the applicant that attests to the accuracy of the information provided in the application.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-4; 130A-6; 130A-248;
Eff. October 1, 2017.