15a ncac 18a .1953 PREFABRICATED SEPTIC TANKS AND PUMP TANKS
When prefabricated concrete tanks or tanks of other material are used, they shall be constructed in accordance with the plans which have been approved by the State and shall comply with all requirements of this Section. At least three complete sets of plans and specifications for the initial design of the prefabricated septic tank or subsequent changes and modifications shall be submitted to the Department of Environment, and Natural Resources, On-Site Wastewater Section, PO Box 29594, Raleigh, North Carolina 27626-0594. Separate plans and specifications for the design of each septic tank or pump tank to be produced shall be submitted to the On-Site Wastewater Section for approval. These plans and specifications shall show the design of the septic tank in detail, including:
(1) All pertinent dimensions;
(2) Reinforcement material and location;
(3) Material strength;
(4) Liquid depth;
(5) Pipe penetration, joint material and method of sealing;
(6) Access manhole riser, lid, and other proposed appurtenances to the septic tank;
(7) Approved effluent filter(s), filter support detail and filter access detail; and
(8) Other design features.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑335 (e)(f)f1)[2nd];
Eff. July 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1990;
Temporary Amendment Eff. January 1, 1999;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2000.