15A NCAC 18A .2534 CHEMICAL STORAGE ROOM
A separate chemical storage room that meets the following criteria shall be provided:
(1) The chemical storage room shall be in a dry, weatherproof structure with a minimum ceiling height of seven feet.
(2) For public swimming pools built after May 1, 1996, chemical storage space shall be provided based on a minimum of five square feet for the first 10,000 gallons of pool water plus one additional square foot for each additional 3,000 gallons or portion thereof up to a total area of 100 square feet. Public swimming pools constructed after April 1, 2004 shall provide a separate room for storage of pool chemicals.
(3) Natural cross draft or continuous forced ventilation is required.
(4) Provision shall be made for dry storage of all pool chemicals in waterproof containers or above the floor on shelves, pallets or dollies.
(5) The chemical storage room shall be arranged so that chemicals which can react with other pool chemicals are stored separately and shall be constructed and arranged to permit easy cleanup of chemical spills.
(6) Lighting shall be provided in chemical storage rooms.
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A‑282;
Eff. May 1, 1991;
Amended Eff. February 1, 2004; January 1, 1996.