15A NCAC 18A .2652 MANAGEMENT AND PERSONNEL
The provisions of this Rule make amendments, additions, and deletions to the Food Code incorporated by reference in Rule .2650 of this Section. In Chapter 2, the following apply:
(1) In Paragraph 2-101.11(B), amend to read: "In a food establishment with two or more separately permitted departments that are the legal responsibility of the same permit holder and that are located on the same premises, the permit holder may designate a single person in charge who is present on the premises during all hours of operation, and who is responsible for each separately permitted food establishment on the premises."
(2) In Section 2-102.11, amend the last sentence in the first paragraph to: "The person in charge shall demonstrate this knowledge by being a certified food protection manager who has shown proficiency of required information through passing a test that is part of an accredited program. The person in charge is not required to be a certified food protection manager when the food establishment is not operating and food is not being prepared, packaged, or served for immediate consumption."
(3) In Section 2-102.11, delete (A), (B), and (C).
(4) In Subpart 2-102, add Section 2-102.12, Certified Food Protection Manager, to read:
"2-102.12 Certified Food Protection Manager.
(A) At least one employee who has supervisory and management responsibility and the authority to direct and control food preparation and service shall be a certified food protection manager who has shown proficiency of required information through passing a test that is part of an American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-accredited program.
(B) This section does not apply to congregate nutrition sites and Risk Category I food establishments as defined in 10A NCAC 46 .0213."
(C) The requirements of this section are effective on January 1, 2014.
(5) In Section 2-102.20, replace "Paragraph 2-102.11(B)" with "Section 2-102.11."
History Note: Authority G.S. 130A-248; S.L. 2011-394, Section 15(a);
Eff. September 1, 2012.